✏️ Customize it!
Use the rainbow Personalizer button to quickly upload a logo/text, see a live preview, tweak sizing, fonts, and more. ANY file format accepted. A human designer will fix or center anything that seems off.
No strings attached 😎
With Tap Tag NFC chips there are no subscriptions, no hidden fees, unlimited taps, free to re-program, free shipping, free text engraving, and free design help. Just a transparent one-time payment, that's it!
Matte Black Anodized Stainless Steel - NFC Business Card
Matte Black Anodized Stainless Steel - NFC Business Card
Here it is Ladies and gents. The one and only black Metal NFC business card, the last business card you will ever need with tap-to-share contact or website transfer.
This card makes a bold statement about your business and about yourself. It is the size and thickness of the American Express Black Card or Apple Credit card, and sports a Tap Tag NFC chip that relays your information directly to your clients smartphone with just a tap. It is as simple as it is elegant. This card engraves to be silver on a matte black background.
For a gold engraving see our Black Brass NFC card HERE
For a White Steel NFC Card see HERE
Every Card is custom laser-engraved. 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. We will email you if there are any issues with the logo uploaded.
- Made of anodized stainless steel, this card is black and engraving is silver. Resistant to bending, rust, wear and tear.
- Comes Pre-loaded with a Free digital profile, contact card and a matching QR code, claim the profile by tap/scanning the card for the first time. Manage/edit your contact card at anytime remotely via the dashboard. (make free account on first tap)
- No subscriptions. Unlimited tap/scans.
- NFC and QR are Dynamic, meaning you can redirect to ANY website of your choice remotely at any time, this temporarily overrides the contact card. Can be toggled on/off any time from dashboard.
- Re-programmable open-sourced chip allows to change the contents of NFC chip at any time
- Compatible with almost all smartphones
- Do not need a Tap Tag or app to scan card, just a smartphone
- Credit card-sized, 85mm x 54mm or 3 5/16in x 2 1/16in
*Due to thickness and density of metal, NFC chip only scans from back of card
How fast does my item ship?
We will ship your NFC business card the next business day. Free shipping via USPS typically takes 5-7 days but could take up to 10 in rare circumstances (10 days to Hawaii). We offer upgraded shipping of 1-2 day and -2-3 day available at checkout.
Can we add color to the engraving?
Short answer, no. The metal has an anodized black or white coating, meaning the coating is fused molecularly with the metal. We use an industrial laser to pulverize this coating revealing the silver metal underneath which is the color of your custom text/image. All images will be converted to greyscale. You can feel the engraving which adds a level of sleekness to the card. We do offer color on bulk orders of 100+ cards and this process could take 3-5 weeks.
I chose the "text only" option in quick personalization options, what font do you use?
We use a custom script-like font as seen in the first few pictures centered and engraved on the front of the card. If you would like a different font respond to the automated confirmation email immediately after purchase.
Where do you put my uploaded logo, and the text if I choose to fill that box in quick personalization options?
This is human-run and is not automated. It's in our best interest to make it look awesome. We typically center the logo in the middle third of the card, if text is added we typically use Ariel font and put in bottom left corner like a traditional business card. If you would like a different format respond to the automated confirmation email immediately after purchase.
Using the advanced personalization NFC card editor, we will always make sure your logo and text look the best it can be. Sometime they may appear off center when editing, we will fix that as we have live people that review each purchase.
What's on the back of the card?
As seen in the last template image, there is a 30mm NFC chip centered on the back. The chip has to be exposed because ironically metal blocks NFC, so you will have to touch the back of the card with your phone for it to scan. The chip cannot be engraved but the area surrounding it can.
Is this just an NFC sticker stuck to a metal card?
Nope, this is the real deal! The chip is embedded into the metal about half way through the thickness of the card. It fits snug and is glued with a special adhesive, it will not fall out.
Can we engrave the back?
Yes, we can engrave around the 30mm chip only. There is about ⅜ inch above and below, and about an inch to the left and right. We do offer cards that the chip is off center giving more room to add a graphic. Please email us to request this type of NFC card.
Is there Tap Tag branding on the card?
Yes, however you can request to remove branding in the personalizer.
How do I contact you for more questions?
Email us at email@example.com if you have any further questions or further customization.
We will always make your final product look the best it can be. We have real human designers that handle all orders manually. We will make sure everything is centered and positioned nicely on the card.
Use our "Advanced Personalizer" button to see a live view of your card, add any image, add live text, change fonts and sizing, and more. If you have questions or concerns, email us Here.
The personalizer is used more as a positioning guide, we often have to edit images to make it work with our engravers. The final card will generally look like it does in the live demo.
You may use our "Quick Personalization" box to quickly upload an image and add text, our designers will center your image and center your text under it using our best judgment.
What we do with your file
- Your image will be converted to a custom greyscale using 0% (White), 25%, 50, 75%, and 100% (Black). Regardless of how many colors your image may have we will make it work and more importantly make it look great.
- Blacks in your image will engrave at full power (shows the full silver steel of the card)
- Grays will be adjusted laser power. For example 50% gray equals roughly 50% power (some silver and some black causing a shade)
- We will likely remove any backgrounds. However this is a per-scenario basis. For example, if your logo is on a green background we will remove the green and only engrave your logo. If your background contains any significance like stars speckled behind your logo, we will keep them. We will email you if we have questions, or you may leave additional comments in the appropriate section of the personalizer.
- As far as positioning, we will follow the proof generated in the personalizer. We will adjust any thing that seems "off" like a font going off the edge of the card, or a logo that is slightly off-center.
- Any major fixes or image issues we will contact you via text/email.
- Do not upload any photographs of people or animals, photographs cannot be engraved. Stick to digitally made art, logo's, and images similar to those in our sample images.
Great product with impeccable customer support
We ordered 50 of the metal cards for our employees. We appreciated that we were able to customize the cards with our logo, and the customer service was on point, even when there was a shipping hiccup. However, the logo on our cards was not centered. The customization page says "A live designer will remove backgrounds, adjust blacks, and center after purchase if needed." So we were bummed when we opened the box and logos weren't centered. I should have been more careful when uploading our logo, and centered it myself, but I thought that "a live designer" would have made sure the logo was centered.
All around great experience. My card is awesome and shipped fast
I had ordered a different NFC tap card from a very popular company who had quoted me a 2 week turnover that was way more expensive. Days later they emailed me again and told me it would be 2 MONTHS! I had a very important networking event coming up and couldn’t wait months. I quickly canceled the order and found Tap Tag. I used the online chat and asked about their lead time, he responded in a few hours and told me it was about 24hrs. I ordered the steel card, which was WAY cheaper than the plastic card at the popular company, with the money I saved I also ordered the keychain and a sticker. All of these have worked well, I use them on a weekly basis when networking. I am going to purchase again soon as I need more stickers!
Attention to detail- great metal nfc card as well as my color pvc card arrived quick and worked perfectly. A++++++ Thanks!
Feels great in my hand, the chip is flush with the metal on the backside, and just really feels like a solid piece of metal